Our team is composed of motivated practitioners who are eager to help you revitalize your life. We aim to provide prompt and courteous treatment, with confidentiality in mind.
Dr. Shawn Howland is a board certified Emergency Medicine Physician, MD, graduating from University of Florida College of Medicine in 1995.
I recently opened a side practice called Oceanside Testosterone Therapy, located at 756 Eddy Street, 3rd floor, Providence, RI 02903, just 30 seconds from routes 95 and 195. The practice is an Urgent care center.
Also, I obtained governmental training and subsequently became certified as an addiction medicine Physician in order to treat Opioid addiction with suboxone, Subutex, Sublocade and Vivitrol.
I have a strong passion for diet and exercise and run a prescription weight loss practice.
Finally, I follow the American Urologic Association to perform a complete evaluation for testosterone replacement therapy which includes obtaining and analyzing blood work in house .
We utilize electronic records and take literally all Rhode Island insurance meaning you rarely pay out of pocket.
- Board Certified Emergency Room Physician
- Preventive Medicine
- Degrees Held:
- MD, University of Florida College of Medicine
- Board Certification, SUNY Upstate Medical Center, Syracuse, NY
- BS, University of Miami
- Years Practicing:
- Emergency Physician
- Urgent care clinic providing most ER level evaluations with multiple rapid 15 minute tests, most ER procedures, most medications. Also, perform testosterone evaluation and replacement therapy. Medication assisted treatment for opiate addiction. prescription weight loss and diet and exercise counseling.
- Testosterone deficiency evaluation and treatment
- History, PE, bloodwork, electronic attachment to all Rhode Island labs to obtain blood analysis obtain bloodwork, H and PE.
- Prescription Weight Loss
- EKG, detailed analysis and discussion on diet, exercise and appetite suppression techniques including prescription weight loss medication, all FDA approved and proven to be the most efficacious. All medications given in house at less than pharmacy cost.
- Opiate addiction counseling and medication treatment
- Full evaluation with in house urine tox screen, treat with Suboxone, Subutex, Sublocade and Vivitrol if patient preferred. Prescriptions sent electronically to save you any wait at the pharmacy and the entire process is strictly confidential.
- Testosterone deficiency evaluation and treatment. History, PE, bloodwork, electronic attachment to all Rhode Island labs to obtain blood analysis: inject testosterone in office
- Testosterone injection: for low testosterone
- EKG: Prior to prescription weight loss medication
- In house urine tox screen and counseling: for opioid addiction patients tested with suboxone/subutex/sublocaid/Vivitrol
Dr. Shawn Howland welcomes all Rhode Island Insurances, including State-Specific Plans.
Patient satisfaction is our top priority. We take great pride in the testimonials that our patients have chosen to write about us.
- KATIE Jul 13, 2021
- ‘He’s a genius!!’
- KYLE Jul 12, 2021
- ‘Dr. Shawn Howland is extremely knowledgeable, cordial, accommodating, and has a calming, down to earth way about him that is particularly helpful for new patients. The office itself maintains a constant stream of communications and reminders, which is especially useful for someone like me (who tends to forget dates, appointments for anything, etc.) and thus far there is no waiting period; you are seen within 10 minutes of arrival, another welcomed and refreshing change. All in all, HIGHLY recommend’
- JOHN Jul 10, 2021
- ‘Dr. Howland is extremely knowledgeable, The staff is amazing with making appointments and or any questions. The office is absolutely spotless, couldn’t be cleaner. I have been referring everyone I know to Dr. Howland and his practice since the first day I met him.’