COVID PCR & Rapid PCR Antigen Testing Services
Welcome to Urgent Care Medical Clinic located in Providence, Rhode Island for immediate COVID 19 testing done at our location.
COVID PCR results within 2 days.
Rapid COVID Antigen results within 10 minutes
Rapid Flu A & B results within 10 minutes
RSV PCR results in 2 days
FLU A and B PCR results in 2 days
Walk-In Care Services. All are Welcome. Your health insurance may cover visits – check with your care plan before you come in.
People with COVID-19 have had a wide range of symptoms reported – ranging from mild symptoms to severe illness. Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. People with these symptoms may have COVID-19:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
- Make your appointment for Covid 19 testing.
- When you arrive at our location wait in your vehicle and call our office at 401-410-4446
- We will administer the Covid Antigen Test to you.
- After a quick swab from your car, results are typically available within 15 minutes.
What is the Rapid COVID-19 Test?
The Abbott rapid COVID-19 test was recently authorized by the FDA under an emergency use authorization in healthcare settings (although it has not been FDA cleared or approved). The rapid COVID-19 test provides results within approximately 15 minutes.
- The test starts with taking a swab from the nose or the back of the throat, then mixing it with a chemical solution that breaks open the virus and releases its RNA.
- Using the molecular technology from the Abbott ID NOW system, the mixture is inserted into an ID NOW box that has the technology to identify and amplify select sequences of the coronavirus genome and ignore contamination with other viruses.
Our team is well-equipped and well-trained for this method of testing, having already used Abbott’s ID NOW testing platform to perform rapid tests for flu and strep testing.
Our team is headed by a board certified emergency medicine physician with over 20 years of experience in acute and critical care. With a qualified team of practitioners with an abundance of experience in emergency medicine, critical care, urgent care, you will be in safe and experienced hands.
COVID-19 Public Health Information
Public Health recommends keeping a social distance from others and practicing good hygiene — continuous hand washing and avoiding touching your face.
For general concerns and questions about COVID-19, please call the Rhode Island Department of Health call COVID-19 Info Line at (401) 222-8022 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For any questions about our service fees, co-pays, bills, or any other payment issues, call our medical insurance verification specialist, Ashli Labbe, at 973-839-1003, Extension 1009.